Pyro's Life: Geekin Out </A>

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Geekin Out

NP- Crab
by Weezer
 
Friday, I went to a stake dance. Little did I know, it was 80's themed, so I prayed for some great classic 80's rock. Of course, I got none. They played none. I'm positive that Vindicated wasn't written in the 80's either.
 
So, I requested the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the guys formed in '83, so of course, they're naturally an 80's band. And after they said they'd play it, they don’t.
 
So, we requested Weezer. Sure they're a 90's band, but there were too many techno songs and songs from today playing anyways. So, we went on a Weezer Revolution.
 
Did the typical sign-making and parading around and gathered a bunch of people together to chant 'Weezer'. Not nearly as successful as last time, we got less then half the people I did last time. But still, had about 20-25 people chanting 'Weezer'. Then the dude threatened that if we kept doing it, he wouldn't play it. So we asked politely and he put them on the list, and the stupid guy didn’t play any Weezer.
 
Any hopes of rebellion slowly fell through, but in a last ditch effort, and because I was bored, I decided to hop on stage during the 80's judging competition. Of course, I didn't really look from the 80's at all, but with my stolen black glasses donned, I hopped on stage, paused for a moment and flashed the good old =w= (weezer symbol for those of you who don't know or care). Then we decided 'psh, this dance suxors' and went to Jack and Jill's for the rest of the evening.
 
Saturday, I don't remember a lot of. It was mostly a do school work and mow lawns day. Which I did.
 
I developed some kind of back injury from the dance, most likely from doing my scary knee-and-head thrust move thingy. So I'm all achy and stuff.
 
Promise to get a track up soon of some sort, gotta get some inspiration. I'll probably be working on the tune for something upbeat just cause I've been working with a certain slow song forever and it's frustrating the heck out of me. But regardless, I'll post a link on here whenever it's done. Here's hoping I start it tomorrow
 
Oh, I got a good score on my first driving test thingy. 76/80, meaning I only missed 2 questions out of 40. Yay me. Now to get my other grades up...
 
By the way, looking for some cool band name (even though there isnt really a band yet), so lets call it a 'solo project name'. Something cool, think for me and email me any cool suggestions, or post them in the spiffy comment box within this. So yup, I'm gonna get in the shower and attempt to get a decent night's sleep.
 
-me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home